Kubernetes Tools that follow Unix philosophy to be simple, and composable.
- is a YAML templating and overlay tool that works on YAML structure instead of text
- helps working with container images used in Kubernetes configuration files
- is a deployment tool with a concept of "Kubernetes application" — a set of resources with the same label
- is for storing application configuration files in Docker/OCI registries
- introduces App CRD to run templating plus deployment workflow in-cluster (via ytt and kapp)
- is Kubernetes Workstation Tools CLI which provides convenient networking tools and development workspaces
Latest on Linux
$ wget -O- https://k14s.io/install.sh | bash
Latest on OS X
Based on github.com/k14s/homebrew-tap
$ brew tap k14s/tap $ brew install ytt kbld kapp imgpkg kwt
Specific version from a Github release
To download, click on one of the assets in a chosen Github release, for example for 'ytt-darwin-amd64'.
# Compare binary checksum against what's specified in the release notes # (if checksums do not match, binary was not successfully downloaded) $ shasum -a 256 ~/Downloads/ytt-darwin-amd64 08b25d21675fdc77d4281c9bb74b5b36710cc091f30552830604459512f5744c /Users/pivotal/Downloads/ytt-linux-amd64 # Move binary next to your other executables $ mv ~/Downloads/ytt-darwin-amd64 /usr/local/bin/ytt # Make binary executable $ chmod +x /usr/local/bin/ytt # Check its version $ ytt version